Class 9 NCERT Solutions – Chapter 14 Statistics – Exercise 14.1
Question 1: Give five examples of data that you can collect from your day-to-day life.
1. Number of teachers for each subject in our school.
Attention reader! All those who say programming isn't for kids, just haven't met the right mentors yet. Join the Demo Class for First Step to Coding Course, specifically designed for students of class 8 to 12.
The students will get to learn more about the world of programming in these free classes which will definitely help them in making a wise career choice in the future.
2. Number of accidents happened during last week obtained from newspapers,
3. Gender ratio of all the states obtained from census data.
4. Average attendance of each student in our class.
5. Chief ministers of all the states obtained from newspaper or election commission.
Question 2: Classify the data in Q.1 above as primary or secondary data.
Primary data: When the information was collected by the investigator herself or himself with a definite objective in her or his mind, the data obtained is called primary data.
Primary data: 1, 4.
Secondary data: When the information was gathered from a source which already had the information stored, the data obtained is called secondary data.
Secondary data: 2, 3, 5.