Citrix Interview Experience (On-Campus)
It was an online test consisting of 50 MCQ’s and 2 coding problems in HackerRank platform
- 50 MCQ’s – 1hr
40 questions from Data Structures, Database Management Structures, Operating System, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, C, C++ and 10 questions from general aptitude.
- 2 coding questions are to be solved in 1 hr.
- Given a 2D array, we have to find the count of subsets of all combinations of the elements in the matrix which is equal to given SumValue and should return the no of subsets.
Around 360 people attended 1st round, out of which 33 people were shortlisted.
It was first technical interview (face-face for about 1 hr 30 mins).
- He went through the resume for 2 minutes.
- He asked me to give a self intro and it went for about 7 minutes.
- He asked me to explain the projects and about my extracurricular activities as well.
- He asked the same problem as of the 2nd problem in the 1st round and asked me to explain the solution with code of my own language.
- He asked to write a code for reversing a linked list and asked some questions in that.
- He went to Machine Learning and asked me the definition and how will we divide, train and test the data and also the process in which the machine learning problem is solved like sequence of steps for solving.
- He went to Operating System and asked me the definition and examples related to it.
- He asked me about the difference between kernel and user modes and also about the resource allocation to a resource.
- What do you about the cloud and explain about it and asked specifically Azure as I have attended a workshop based on that.
- What are the four basic languages in DBMS and describe what are all those functions mainly do.
- He have given two different caches and a processor, processor want to find some word in the cache and if L1 cache will be having a access time of 0.01µs and if it is not in L1 cache, it will search in L1 cache with a access time of 0.1µs and the probability that it will be in L1 is 95%. What is the average memory access time.
- Then he started asking from networks, layers of OSI model and explain them.
- He gave a question such that there are 2 different applications in the application layer and then when it transmits through a transport layer and reaches the network layer and then how the packets will be distributed among the two applications.
- He gave an array of size 1001 elements and would have all the elements from 1-1000 and will have a duplicate value in that array and u have to find them.
- He asked me the difference between a tree and a graph.
- He asked me about what is the IP address when a system shuts down.
- He asked me about IoT and explain about the basic working.
- How IoT is related to cloud and why are we not using sensors for wifi and Bluetooth, also state the reason for it
That’s all for my first technical interview and I was asked to wait for some time.
After waiting for 15 mins, I was again called for the second round of interview. This is again a face-face interview for about 1 hr.
- He went through the resume for 2 minutes.
- He asked me to tell about my projects and he went on asking questions very deeply.
- He asked me about azure and asked me what are all the things that I have used in it.
- He asked me about the machine learning and asked me to tell some topics and from that he asked me to explain Baye’s theorem.
- He asked me how did your probability paper went and asked me to draw bell curve.
- He asked me what other projects did you do and I told about line follower robot and he asked me to explain deeply about the hardware and software part of that.
- What is a heap and how will implement priority queue
- What is the better implementation of a priority queue? I told them as hash map and asked me to explain what is hasp map and why not linked list and asked me if I have given only linked list how will I implement the same and asked me to compare both.
- He asked me to tell about Dijkstraw’s algorithm and how will be implementing it and also asked me about BFS and DFS concepts.
- He asked me do I have any questions about them? I asked some questions and he answered them.
That’s all for my second technical interview and I was asked to wait for some time.
After waiting for 45 mins, I was again called for the third round of interview. This is again a face-face interview for about 40 mins.
- He started with whether u have done both the coding questions in the first round and I said no and asked me to solve the matrix problem and I explained him clearly and he also asked me about hash map.
- He then gave me a tree and then asked me to print the tree in such a way that all the odd levels in tree should be printed in right to left fashion of nodes and all the even levels in tree should be printed in left to right fashion of nodes.
- He asked me about heaps and time complexities for some operations.
- He asked me to write the code for in-order, pre-order and post-order without using recursion.
- He asked me to write code for printing the tree according to levels.
- He asked me about stacks and queues with some real world examples.
- He asked how do we do expression evaluation using stack.
- He gave an array of integers and I have to find the smallest positive integer that is not present in the array.
- He gave me an array of whole numbers and I have to return the next greatest element in the array for all the elements present in the array and if there is no greatest element, then if to print it as -1.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.