Citi Corp recruitment happened for our campus in September 2020. There were 2 different recruitment teams in 2 locations. Pune and Chennai. I applied for Chennai and the role was Software Developer.
Online Test: The test was for 2 hours. It had 4 sections.
- Logical Reasoning (14 MCQ’s)
- Quantitative Aptitude and English (16 MCQ’s)
- Technical (25 MCQ’s)
- 2 Coding questions.
The first 2 sections can be solved easily with basic math. Technical MCQs comprised of topics like OOPS concepts, stability and time complexities of sorting algorithms, basic output questions, basics of stacks, queues, and trees. Out of the 2 codes, one is pattern printing and the other one is finding factorial of a given number (but will be asked in a complex manner ). Do well in the Online test. Your OT score matters a lot and increases your chance of getting selected. You will be given preference if you solve at least one of the codes completely and almost all questions in the first 2 sections.
Technical Interview: This is a mix of technical and hr interviews. It happened on the aspiring minds platforms ( due to COVID situations). There were 2 panelists. They asked me how I was feeling and then to introduce myself. Then they started asking questions about the skills I mentioned in my resume and intro.
The questions were:
- Definitions of the algorithm, data structure, LIFO, and FIFO.
- What do you know about a binary tree? Types of binary trees.
- Implement a traversal of binary tree in C++.
- C vs C++
- What are Objects and Classes?
- What are Virtual functions?
- What are abstract classes and pure virtual functions?
- What are a superclass and a subclass?
- What is function overloading and overriding?
- What is inheritance?
- Difference between Data structures and DBMS.
- Tell me about joins.
- Group by vs Order by Commands
- What is a foreign key
- Tell me about any 2 normal forms
- What is the most stable sorting algorithm
- What is Inplace sorting
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why Citi Corp?
- How you will make your audience interested while you are giving a seminar?
- Your biggest achievement.
- Why software being in Instrumentation (for non-CSE guys)?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Justify your strengths.
- One random question (For me it was told me the advantages and disadvantages of social media and how will you get rid of the disadvantage using technology).
- If you were given the power to remove one thing from society what will it be?
Second Interview: This will be mostly a formality. The panelist asked me only 2 to 3 questions regarding my interests and personality. There is a possibility of asking questions from your projects. It hardly lasted for 5 minutes.
Be Confident throughout the process. Be honest when you speak about your skills. Be Strong at the fundamentals. I took the Self Paced DSA Course in GeeksforGeeks. It helped me a lot in getting ready for the placement process in less than a month.