Cisco Recruitment Process
- About the Company
- Recruitment Process
- Questions asked in Cisco
- Interview Experiences
- Where To Apply
About the Company:
Cisco Systems, Inc. is an American multinational technology conglomerate headquartered in San Jose, California, in the centre of Silicon Valley, that develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services and products. Through its numerous acquired subsidiaries, such as OpenDNS, WebEx, Jabber and Jasper, Cisco specializes in specific tech markets, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), domain security and energy management. Cisco is the largest networking company in the world.
Cisco commenced India operations in 1995. There are seven Sales Offices in the region – New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata and Hyderabad. The Cisco Global Development Center is in Bangalore and is the largest outside the US. It houses Cisco’s Research and Development (R&D), IT, Services and customer support teams and develops disruptive business models for Cisco to create new go-to-market channels, markets, processes and technologies for emerging markets. The Advanced Global Briefing Center located here showcases Cisco’s latest technology solutions and proofs-of-concept.
Goto Cisco >>
Know More on Cisco India >>
Its not about winning awards. Its about winning hearts
- MCQ Round
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
- Managerial Round
- HR Round
This round consists of around 50 questions divided into 3 basic sections with no negative marking:
- The first section consists of 20 general aptitude questions.
- The second section consists of 15 questions on C, Computer Networking, Data Structures, Algorithms etc.
- The last section consists of 15 questions from digital electronics, BJT, CMOS and Microprocessor etc.
These consist of the face to face rounds with the interviewer where questions will be on CS subjects like Data Structure, Algorithms, Operating System, Networking, Database Management etc. Students will be tested of his or her in-depth knowledge in all aspects of domains related to Computer Science and Networking. Questions are generally asked from the projects, internships or training mentioned in the CV. The company primarily focuses on the approach of the students towards a particular problem. Few asked questions are:
- What happens when one ajax call is still running and you send an another ajax call before the
data of first ajax call comes back?
- Discussions on MVC architecture.
- List all Permutation of a String. Approach & code
- What is LDAP?
In this round, the company brings out the managerial approach of a student towards a particular problem and tests his or her managerial skills related to teamwork, project leading, cooperation, discipline etc. Few questions asked are:
- What do you know about work culture at Cisco?
- What are your future plans related to further studies?
- Have you faced any situation where your team member was not cooperating?
- What problems did you face in doing projects technologically and managing the same wisely?
- Some discussions over what technologies.
This round deals less with less technical questions and more with the HR questions like:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- How will you define yourself in one word?
- Little discussions over the extracurricular activities written in the resume.
- Tell me about the worst decision you made
- Team Conflict questions.
- Do you have any Location constraints?
Questions asked in Cisco:
- Thief trying to escape
- Kth largest element in a stream
- Reverse a linked list
- Implementing Dijkstra | Set 1 (Adjacency Matrix)
- How data encryption is different from data encapsulation?
- What is connection oriented and connection less transmission in transport layer?
- We have two pits with capacities of 5 and 4. How will you measure 2 litres of water with these pots.
- More articles on important and asked topics >>
- More questions asked >>
Few Interview Experiences:
- Cisco Interview Experience Freshers 1
- Cisco Interview Experience Freshers 2
- Cisco Interview Experience Freshers 3
- Cisco Interview Experience Freshers 4
- Cisco Interview Experience Freshers 5
- All articles related to Cisco >>
Where To Apply: