I sat for the CISCO on-campus Placements.
Online Test(70 minutes)
This was an online test conducted on the Hacker-Rank platform.
15 MCQ-Electronics, Computer networks, Aptitude Data structure(No Negative marks)
2 Coding questions:
1)Longest non repeating substring.
2)the expression paranthesised in such a way that it give max value for the expression. Expression has +, -, *
this is variation of matrix chain multiplication.
There were around 330 candidates who sat for this exam and out of that 170 were selected for the 2nd round.
There were 4 roles(BU) that CISCO was offering this time namely: CX-Platform, CX-PSS, IT, Engineer and SCO.
I was selected under the role of a IT.
Now we were asked to assemble in auditorium at around 8:30 in the morning. They marked our presence at 8:30 and then we were asked to wait for our interview process. I waited till 2:30 in the afternoon when my name was called up and I went in for my Technical interview.
it was a panel interview there were 3 panelist, I entered and the panelist welcomed me with a smile.
I’m naming P1, P2, P3 panelist for readers.
One of panelist just had a brief look at my resume for about 15 seconds. P1 just begin with tel me about yourself.P1 asked to explain about my project, i told clearly about my project .P2 asked me to tell difference between Binary tree and trie data structures as i mentioned trie in my project.
P3 gave me one logical question.
then P1 asked me how much you know about data structures, I answered that I would rate myself in Data Structures at around 8/10. Because back then I was not o fluent with Graphs.
he then asked me to write code for
1)Find the middle node of linked list.
2)Given an array of size[1……1000] there are 2 numbers missing find them?
P2 asked whether i know database and ask few simple queries.
That was all for my Technical Round. It lasted for about 25 minutes. All three of them tested on my basic of problem solving skills in DS, logical thinking and whether he know the projects thoroughly.All I had to do was stay patient and calm. If you don’t know an answer then no need to panic. Just admit it that you don’t know. There is literally no harm in that. I was asked to wait outside.
I entered and the interviewer welcomed me with a smile.she introduced herself as she is manager of Supply chain department.
Interviewer begin with Tel me about Yourself.she said i got feedback from technical interviewers that you have good programming skills, logical thinking and ask me to brief my projects.
1) She asked me about my hobbies, college campus.
2) Then she asked why Cisco?
3) Where do you see 5 years down the line?
Lastly she says is there any questions, to which i asked
1)What exactly is IT profile in Cisco?
2)How is Culture in Cisco?
3)What are trend of IT in future?
for each question she explained with good and satisfying points.This lasts for about 40 minutes.
this was just formality purpose.
they asked about few questions
1)Whether your available for internship from January?
2)Whether your comfortable to work for 5 days in a week for internship?
3)Are you planning for higher studies?
4)Are you ok with location of company in Bangalore?
HR had sheet, she just ticked with yes or no for all questions.
In about an hour later the results were announced by our Placement Director along with the CISCO Director and HR and I was PLACED at CISCO.
- Cisco Interview | Experience : 2+ years
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 9 (For Experienced)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Internship)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 15 (On Campus - Software Engineer)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 11 (Network Consultant Engineer)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 12
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 13 ( On Campus - for Advanced Services)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 14 (On Campus)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 16 (On Campus – Advisory Services)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 18 (Campus Recruitment)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 17 (For 1.5 Years Experienced)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 19 (For IT Engineer Profile)
- Cisco Interview experience | Set 20 (On-Campus)
- Cisco Interview experience (On Campus) 2018
- Cisco Interview experience | Set 21 (Off-Campus)
- CISCO Interview Experience | Set 22
- CISCO Project Intern Interview Experience
- Cisco Interview Experience Onsite
- CISCO Interview Experience ( Experienced )
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.