Cisco visited our campus recently to offer a 2-month internship for the upcoming summer of 2021. An online coding round was conducted on hackerrank. The round consisted of 2 coding problems along with 15 MCQ’s.
Online Coding Round(60 mins): The languages allowed for this round were C/JAVA/Python. C++ was not allowed. The round had 2 programming questions and 15 MCQs with navigation across sections, allowed.
- An array implementation problem wherein you were supposed to find the number of intervals inside the target interval.
- It was this problem
MCQ’s: MCQ’s consisted of Aptitude, OS, Output based questions among other theoretical questions.
I had 3 Interview Rounds (2 Technical and 1 HR) after qualifying online round.
Round 1: Duration (60 mins)
1. I was asked to introduce myself. The introduction was immediately followed by a project discussion followed by theoretical questions on OS and OOPS.
2. These were the coding questions asked thereafter:
- Diagonal Sum of a Binary Tree
- Python program to validate an IP Address
- Search in a row-wise and column-wise sorted matrix
- Detect and remove the loop in a linked list.
Code was required only for the first 2 questions approach/idea for the rest.
Round 2: Duration(60 mins)
1. A short introduction was followed by 2 coding questions
I had to code both the problems.
After this, I was asked questions on Operating System and OOPs. He then asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked a few, the discussion went on for a few minutes after which the round was concluded.
HR Round: Duration(10 mins)
The round was largely informative. I was told about the stipend, the work expected of a summer intern, the duration among other things. Lastly, she recorded my response for the preferred location and that was it.
The firm selected 10 odd people. I was one of them.
With online interviews, your confidence is reflected only-in how you communicate; take care of that and think out loud whenever attempting problems. Also, use questions like ‘what are your interests’ and ‘walk me through your resume’ to your advantage to highlight your strong competencies. This will help you to direct the course of the interview and help establish a good image before the interviewer.
- Cisco Interview Experience | On-Campus Virtual Hiring for Internship 2020-21
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-Campus for Internship)
- CISCO Interview Experience | Summer Internship (Feb 2019)
- Deutsche Bank Interview(virtual) Experience | On-campus for Internship (Pune)
- Flipkart Interview Experience for SDE Summer Internship | Virtual On-campus 2020
- BlackRock Interview Experience for On-Campus Internship (Virtual)
- Morgan Stanley Interview Experience for Internship | On Campus (Virtual) August 2020
- Morgan Stanley Interview Experience | 2020 Internship ( Virtual - On campus )
- Cisco Internship Interview (On Campus)
- MakeMyTrip Interview Experience | On-Campus Virtual Experience
- Cisco Interview | Experience : 2+ years
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-Campus)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 9 (For Experienced)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 15 (On Campus - Software Engineer)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 11 (Network Consultant Engineer)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 12
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 13 ( On Campus - for Advanced Services)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 14 (On Campus)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 16 (On Campus – Advisory Services)
- Cisco Interview Experience | Set 18 (Campus Recruitment)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.