Cisco Interview Experience (Ideathon 2020)
Cisco Ideathon is a national level competition that Cisco organises every year and you can get an Internship position and a Pre-placement FullTime Job Offer from Cisco.
The process to reach in an interview:
- Preliminary Online Quiz (Aptitude+Technical).
- Video Submission (Solution to any of the technical real-life problems assigned).
- Competency Assessment Test
- Written Test (Coding and Technical Aptitude)
After clearing all the above-mentioned rounds you will get an interview call for the (Intern + FullTime) Role.
Round 1 (Technical Interview): The Technical Interview was actually divided into two half as there were two panelists one was asking questions based on your resume and the other was asking questions based on Computer Networking.
- Tell me your preferred programming language with reason.
- What is OOP’s concept and how it is really helpful in the implementation of problems effectively?
- Explain your project? And many questions were asked from my major and personal projects.
- String question the longest common subsequence (LCS) both brute force and optimal approach.
- Detect and remove loop in linkedlist.
- Print all the substrings which occurs more than one time in the string
- Name the layers in the OSI model? Give a short description of each Layer.
- Explain how data is sent in DataLink Layer? What is the MAC address and why it is used?
- Explain the 3-Way Handshaking Protocol.
- Explain TCP Header
Round 2 (Managerial Interview):
- Tell me about yourself.
- Explain your projects.
- What difficulties you faced during your project implementations.
- Do you think it’s better to work in a team? Why?
- How your friends helped you with your progress.
- Explain How an E-mail travels in the network.
- Difference Between TCP and UDP.
And some real-life situation based questions on Networking.