Cisco Interview Experience for Network Engineer (On-Campus) 2021
Cisco came to our campus to hire freshers for the role of Network Engineer, FTE and Internship. Around 1000 students applied for the role.
Round 1: Hacker Rank Online Test (1 hour): This round consisted of two sections. Around 34 students were shortlisted for the next round.
- MCQ section, 25 questions from OS, Networks, DS, and Math.
- 1 Coding question – https://leetcode.com/problems/expressive-words/
Round 2: Technical Interview 1 (1 hour 30 minutes): This was my first interview and I was nervous. There were two panelists and was held via Cisco Webex. The interview started with a basic introduction. Then the interviewers moved to my resume and expected me to give a brief introduction about the projects I had mentioned. Below mentioned are some of the questions they asked during the interview.
1. Introduce yourself.
2. What do you know about NodeJS?
3. Difference between AngularJS and NodeJS.
4. Do you know HTML and CSS?
5. Why is HTML important?
6. What is header and footer in HTML?
7. Let us say you have a header and footer on all pages, how to declare them globally?
8. Is it possible to use functions in HTML?
9. Do you prefer inline coding in HTML or in different files? Why?
10.Do you know networks? Explain the OSI model.
11. What is the difference between TCP and UDP?
12. What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
13. Do you know any other protocols?
14. What is the port number for HTTP and HTTPS?
15. Are you good with Data structures? Why do we need data structures?
16. Can you explain the difference between linear and non-linear data structures?
17. Are arrays better than linked lists? If so how?
18. Explain any routing algorithm.
19. Explain some of the projects mentioned in your resume.
20. Are you working on any of the projects currently? Explain your current methodology and how you will optimize it.
After a long interview session, they wanted to cool me with some riddles.
After the interview the results were announced, around 20 students had cleared the interview.
Round 3: Managerial Round (45 minutes): The round began with a brief introduction.
1. Introduce yourself
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
3. You have two members on your team. You have urgent work to attend to. Your team members are new and are not familiar with the technology that is being used. The project has a deadline within the next two days. How will you address this situation?
4. Your worst life experience? How did you tackle it?
5. Why did you learn Japanese?
6. Can you speak Japanese?
7. What do you know about Cisco?
8. Do you know about any of the Cisco products?
9. Any idea about the projects they work on?
10. Your opinion about the work culture at Cisco?
11. Why do you think you are better than others who have applied for the role?
12. Do you have any questions for me?
After this round, 10 students were shortlisted.
Round 4: HR Round (30 minutes): This was just a formal round where the interviewer explained the work culture, nature of the job role, package, and requirements for a candidate to fit into Cisco. I also had a few questions asked during this round.
- Give me a brief introduction to your background.
- Why Cisco?
- Do you have any questions for me?
After this round, the results were announced within 6 pm on the same day. 9 students got selected out of 10. Unfortunately, I was the only person who couldn’t get into the company.
Please Login to comment...