CISCO Full-time recruitment for freshers
Online Test (90 minutes)
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
25 MCQs – Aptitude, C, C++, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture (no negative marks)
2 Coding questions
Technical Interview (45 minutes)
- To which OSI layers switch and router belong to? What is the difference between a switch and a router?
- What is subnetting?
- What are the classes in classful addressing and what range of addresses belong to each class?
- What is the blue cable that you see there (Interviewer points at Ethernet cable)? How does it work?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6?
- How does TCP/IP work?
- How is a TCP connection established and terminated? Draw TCP three-way handshake.
- What happens in physical layer of OSI architecture?
- What happens when you type www.cisco.com? Explain Domain Name Server (DNS).
- How many stacks do you need to implement a queue? Write a pseudocode for its implementation.
- How do you find repeating elements in and array?
- Explain threads in Operating Systems.
- What is multithreading? What are its advantages?
- How is a recycle bin internally implemented?
- Have you found out any real-life problem to which you thought of a software solution? Did you take any steps to solve it?
Managerial Interview (40 minutes)
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your passion?
- Why Cisco?
- How does a router work?
- In case of any fault in a path, how does a dynamic routing protocol switches path?
- What is an atomic transaction? How can you ensure if a transaction is atomic?
- Explain your project.
- How was your experience while working with your teammates?
HR Round (10 minutes)
- Are you available for both Intern and full-time?
- Do you have any plans of pursuing higher studies?
- Are you comfortable in working as shifts?
- Location preference
- Discussion about nature of work.