CISCO Full-time recruitment for freshers
Online Test (90 minutes)
25 MCQs – Aptitude, C, C++, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture (no negative marks)
2 Coding questions
Technical Interview (45 minutes)
- To which OSI layers switch and router belong to? What is the difference between a switch and a router?
- What is subnetting?
- What are the classes in classful addressing and what range of addresses belong to each class?
- What is the blue cable that you see there (Interviewer points at Ethernet cable)? How does it work?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6?
- How does TCP/IP work?
- How is a TCP connection established and terminated? Draw TCP three-way handshake.
- What happens in physical layer of OSI architecture?
- What happens when you type www.cisco.com? Explain Domain Name Server (DNS).
- How many stacks do you need to implement a queue? Write a pseudocode for its implementation.
- How do you find repeating elements in and array?
- Explain threads in Operating Systems.
- What is multithreading? What are its advantages?
- How is a recycle bin internally implemented?
- Have you found out any real-life problem to which you thought of a software solution? Did you take any steps to solve it?
Managerial Interview (40 minutes)
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What is your passion?
- Why Cisco?
- How does a router work?
- In case of any fault in a path, how does a dynamic routing protocol switches path?
- What is an atomic transaction? How can you ensure if a transaction is atomic?
- Explain your project.
- How was your experience while working with your teammates?
HR Round (10 minutes)
- Are you available for both Intern and full-time?
- Do you have any plans of pursuing higher studies?
- Are you comfortable in working as shifts?
- Location preference
- Discussion about nature of work.