Checking Internet connectivity using Java can be done using 2 methods:
1) by using getRuntime() method of java Runtime class.
2) by using methods of java URL and URLConnection classes.
#Java Runtime Class:This class is used to interact with java runtime environment (Java virtual machine) in which the application is running. It provides methods/functions to execute a process or a command, invoke garbage collector, get total and free memory in the JVM etc.
#getRuntime():This method of java runtime class returns the runtime object associated with the current java application.
you can learn more about this class here
#Java URL Class:This class provides methods that returns various information like protocol, hostname, file Name, port Number etc of the URL.
#Java URLConnection class:It represents a link between URL and application and can be used to read and write data to the specified resource referred by the URL.
NOTE: Provided method should be run on a local machine and not on an online compiler.
Output by this method will be 0 if the internet is connected and it will be 1 if the internet is not connected.
If Internet is not connected it will throw an exception and catch will execute printing respective message.
- Size of file on the Internet using Java
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.LongPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.