Check whether the two Binary Search Trees are Identical or Not
Given the root nodes of the two binary search trees. The task is to print 1 if the two Binary Search Trees are identical else print 0. Two trees are identical if they are identical structurally and nodes have the same values.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
In the above images, both Tree1 and Tree2 are identical.
To identify if two trees are identical, we need to traverse both trees simultaneously, and while traversing we need to compare data and children of the trees.
Below is the step by step algorithm to check if two BSTs are identical:
- If both trees are empty then return 1.
- Else If both trees are non -empty
- Check data of the root nodes (tree1->data == tree2->data)
- Check left subtrees recursively i.e., call sameTree(tree1->left_subtree, tree2->left_subtree)
- Check right subtrees recursively i.e., call sameTree(tree1->right_subtree, tree2->right_subtree)
- If the values returned in the above three steps are true then return 1.
- Else return 0 (one is empty and other is not).
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Both BSTs are identical
Time Complexity: O(N)
Auxiliary Space: O(N)