Given a string of alphanumeric characters, the task is to check whether the average character of the string is present or not. Average character refers to the character corresponding to the ASCII value which is the floor of the average value of the ASCII values of all characters in the string.
Input: abcdef Output: d Yes Explanation: string = "abcdef" ASCII values of a = 97, b=98, c=99, d=100, e=101, f=101 Sum of these values is 597 Average is 99.5 ~ 100 Character of ASCII value 100 = d Hence d is present in the string. Input: MNFGH Output: J No
Approach: The approach to solve this problem is very simple. It can be solved in the following steps:
- Find the sum of ASCII values of all the characters from the given string.
- Find the average of the ASCII value as average = (sum / numberOfCharacters)
- Get the character of this average ASCII value. Print this character
- Check if this character is present in the string or not. Print Yes or No accordingly.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- Most frequent word in first String which is not present in second String
- Find repeated character present first in a string
- Find the largest Alphabetic character present in the string
- Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Check whether the vowels in a string are in alphabetical order or not
- Check whether count of distinct characters in a string is Prime or not
- Check whether the frequencies of all the characters in a string are prime or not
- Check whether the binary equivalent of a number ends with given string or not
- C++ program to check whether a String is a Pangram or not
- Check if a String contains Anagrams of length K which does not contain the character X
- Check if the given string of words can be formed from words present in the dictionary
- Python | Check if a Substring is Present in a Given String
- Check if given words are present in a string
- Check if binary representations of 0 to N are present as substrings in given binary string
- Find a string such that every character is lexicographically greater than its immediate next character
- Replace every character of string by character whose ASCII value is K times more than it
- Replace every character of a string by a different character
- Map every character of one string to another such that all occurrences are mapped to the same character
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.