Given two binary strings str1 and str2. The task is to check whether it is possible to convert str1 to str2 by applying the below operation an arbitrary number of times on str1.
In each operation, one can combine two consecutive 0’s into a single 1.
Input: str1 = “00100”, str2 = “111”
Combine first two zeros to one and combine last two zeros to one.
Input: str1 = “00”, str2 = “000”
It is not possible to convert str1 to str2.
Approach: Let’s process str1 and str2 character by character from left to right in parallel. Let’s use two indices i and j: the index i is for str1 and the index j is for str2. Now, there are two cases:
- If str1[i] = str2[j] then increment both i and j.
- If str1[i] != str2[j] then,
- If there are two consecutive 0’s in str1 i.e. str1[i] = 0 and str1[i + 1] = 0 and str2[j] = 1 which means both the zeroes can be combined to match with the 1 in str2. So, increment i by 2 and j by 1.
- Else str1 cannot be converted to str2.
- If in the end both i and j are at the end of their respective strings i.e. str1 and str2 then the answer is Yes else the answer is No.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Count of characters in str1 such that after deleting anyone of them str1 becomes str2
- Largest substring of str2 which is a prefix of str1
- Generate all possible strings such that char at index i is either str1[i] or str2[i]
- Maximum number of times str1 appears as a non-overlapping substring in str2
- Check if a String can be converted to Pangram in K changes
- Check if a string can be converted to another string by replacing vowels and consonants
- Check if at least half array is reducible to zero by performing some operations
- Encrypt the given string with the following operations
- Generate a sequence with the given operations
- Reduce N to 1 with minimum number of given operations
- Final string after performing given operations
- Minimal operations to make a number magical
- Operations required to make the string empty
- Minimum operations required to change the array such that |arr[i] - M| <= 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.