Given three strings str, A and B. The task is to check whether str = A + B or str = B + A where + denotes concatenation.
Input: str = “GeeksforGeeks”, A = “Geeksfo”, B = “rGeeks”
str = A + B = “Geeksfo” + “rGeeks” = “GeeksforGeeks”
Input: str = “Delhicapitals”, B = “Delmi”, C = “capitals”
- If len(str) != len(A) + len(B) then it is not possible to generate str by concatenating a + b or b + a.
- Else check whether str starts with a and ends with b or it starts with b and ends with a. Print Yes if any of these is true else print No
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(N)
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Pairs of strings which on concatenating contains each character of "string"
- Check whether a binary string can be formed by concatenating given N numbers sequentially
- Meta Strings (Check if two strings can become same after a swap in one string)
- Longest palindrome formed by concatenating and reordering strings of equal length
- Check if given string can be split into four distinct strings
- Given two strings check which string makes a palindrome first
- Check if given string can be formed by two other strings or their permutations
- Check if K palindromic strings can be formed from a given string
- Check if a string contains two non overlapping sub-strings "geek" and "keeg"
- Check if a string can be split into two strings with same number of K-frequent characters
- N-th character in the string made by concatenating natural numbers
- Lexicographically smallest string obtained after concatenating array
- Longest Palindrome in a String formed by concatenating its prefix and suffix
- Find the starting indices of the substrings in string (S) which is made by concatenating all words from a list(L)
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Number of sub-strings which are anagram of any sub-string of another string
- Longest string which is prefix string of at least two strings
- Sub-strings of a string that are prefix of the same string
- Program to check if two strings are same or not
- Check if two strings are permutation of each other
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.