A full binary tree is defined as a binary tree in which all nodes have either zero or two child nodes. Conversely, there is no node in a full binary tree, which has one child node. More information about full binary trees can be found here.
For Example :
To check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree we need to test the following cases:-
1) If a binary tree node is NULL then it is a full binary tree.
2) If a binary tree node does have empty left and right sub-trees, then it is a full binary tree by definition.
3) If a binary tree node has left and right sub-trees, then it is a part of a full binary tree by definition. In this case recursively check if the left and right sub-trees are also binary trees themselves.
4) In all other combinations of right and left sub-trees, the binary tree is not a full binary tree.
Following is the implementation for checking if a binary tree is a full binary tree.
The Binary Tree is full
Time complexity of the above code is O(n) where n is number of nodes in given binary tree.
This article is contributed by Gaurav Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Tree Traversals (Inorder, Preorder and Postorder)
- Find the node with minimum value in a Binary Search Tree
- Write a program to Calculate Size of a tree | Recursion
- Write a Program to Find the Maximum Depth or Height of a Tree
- Write a program to Delete a Tree
- If you are given two traversal sequences, can you construct the binary tree?
- Convert a Binary Tree into its Mirror Tree
- Given a binary tree, print out all of its root-to-leaf paths one per line.
- Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Search Tree.
- The Great Tree-List Recursion Problem.
- Check sum of Covered and Uncovered nodes of Binary Tree
- Level Order Tree Traversal
- Program to count leaf nodes in a binary tree
- A program to check if a binary tree is BST or not
- Check for Children Sum Property in a Binary Tree