Defining a Keyword
In programming, a keyword is a “reserved word” by the language which convey a special meaning to the interpreter. It may be a command or a parameter. Keywords cannot be used as a variable name in the program snippet.
Keywords in Python: Python language also reserves some of keywords that convey special meaning. Knowledge of these is necessary part of learning this language. Below is list of keywords registered by python .
False, elif, lambda,
None, else, nonlocal,
True, except, not,
and, finally, or,
as, for, pass,
assert, from, raise,
break, global, return,
class, if, try,
continue, import, while,
def, in, with,
del, is, yield,
Python in its language defines an inbuilt module “keyword” which handles certain operations related to keywords. A function “iskeyword()” checks if a string is keyword or not. Returns true if a string is keyword, else returns false.
for is a python keyword geeksforgeeks is not a python keyword elif is a python keyword elseif is not a python keyword nikhil is not a python keyword assert is a python keyword shambhavi is not a python keyword True is a python keyword False is a python keyword akshat is not a python keyword akash is not a python keyword break is a python keyword ashty is not a python keyword lambda is a python keyword suman is not a python keyword try is a python keyword vaishnavi is not a python keyword
How to print list of all keywords
Sometimes, remembering all the keywords can be a difficult task while assigning variable names. Hence a function “kwlist()” is provided in “keyword” module which prints all the 33 python keywords.
The list of keywords is : ['False', 'None', 'True', 'and', 'as', 'assert', 'break', 'class', 'continue', 'def', 'del', 'elif', 'else', 'except', 'finally', 'for', 'from', 'global', 'if', 'import', 'in', 'is', 'lambda', 'nonlocal', 'not', 'or', 'pass', 'raise', 'return', 'try', 'while', 'with', 'yield']
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh(S.Nandini). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python program to check if a given string is Keyword or not
- Python | Check whether a string is valid json or not
- Python | Check if string is a valid identifier
- Python - Kth Valid String
- Check if email address valid or not in Python
- String slicing in Python to check if a string can become empty by recursive deletion
- Python | Check if given string can be formed by concatenating string elements of list
- Python | Check if string ends with any string in given list
- Check if a + b = c is valid after removing all zeroes from a, b and c
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Program to generate all possible valid IP addresses from given string
- Python | Check for URL in a String
- Python set to check if string is panagram
- Python | Check for spaces in string
- Python | Check for float string
- Python | Check for ASCII string
- Python Set | Check whether a given string is Heterogram or not
- Python | Check if a variable is string
- Python | Check whether string contains only numbers or not
- Python | Check if given string is numeric or not
Improved By : TanishaTomar