This program checks whether a number n can be expressed as power of k and if yes, then to what power should k be raised to make it n. Following example will clarify :
Input : n = 16, k = 2 Output : yes : 4 Explanation : Answer is yes because 16 can be expressed as power of 2. Input : n = 27, k = 3 Output : yes : 3 Explanation : Answer is yes as 27 can be expressed as power of 3. Input : n = 20, k = 5 Output : No Explanation : Answer is No as 20 cannot be expressed as power of 5.
We have discussed two methods in below post
:Check if a number is a power of another number
In this post, a new Base Changing method is discussed.
In Base Changing Method, we simply change the base of number n to k and check if the first digit of Changed number is 1 and remaining all are zero.
Example for this : Let’s take n = 16 and k = 2.
Change 16 to base 2. i.e. (10000)2. Since first digit is 1 and remaining are zero. Hence 16 can be expressed as power of 2. Count the length of (10000)2 and subtract 1 from it, that’ll be the number to which 2 must be raised to make 16. In this case 5 – 1 = 4.
Another example : Let’s take n = 20 and k = 3.
20 in base 3 is (202)3. Since there are two non-zero digit, hence 20 cannot be expressed as power of 3.
This article is contributed by Shubham Rana. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- Check if given number is a power of d where d is a power of 2
- Check if a N base number is Even or Odd
- Check if a number is in given base or not
- Check if a number N starts with 1 in b-base
- Check if a number N can be expressed in base B
- Check whether a number has consecutive 0's in the given base or not
- Check if a given number can be represented in given a no. of digits in any base
- Check if the number is even or odd whose digits and base (radix) is given
- Given a number N in decimal base, find the sum of digits in any base B
- Find the Nth digit from right in base B of the given number in Decimal base
- Check if a large number is divisible by a number which is a power of 2
- Given a HUGE number check if it's a power of two.
- Check if a number can be expressed as power | Set 2 (Using Log)
- Check whether a given Number is Power-Isolated or not
- Check if a number can be expressed as x^y (x raised to power y)
- Check if the number is a Prime power number
- Check if ceil of number divided by power of two exist in sorted array
- Check if a number is a power of another number
- Check if N contains all digits as K in base B