This program checks whether a number n can be expressed as power of k and if yes, then to what power should k be raised to make it n. Following example will clarify :
Input : n = 16, k = 2 Output : yes : 4 Explanation : Answer is yes because 16 can be expressed as power of 2. Input : n = 27, k = 3 Output : yes : 3 Explanation : Answer is yes as 27 can be expressed as power of 3. Input : n = 20, k = 5 Output : No Explanation : Answer is No as 20 cannot be expressed as power of 5.
We have discussed two methods in below post
:Check if a number is a power of another number
In this post, a new Base Changing method is discussed.
In Base Changing Method, we simply change the base of number n to k and check if the first digit of Changed number is 1 and remaining all are zero.
Example for this : Let’s take n = 16 and k = 2.
Change 16 to base 2. i.e. (10000)2. Since first digit is 1 and remaining are zero. Hence 16 can be expressed as power of 2. Count the length of (10000)2 and subtract 1 from it, that’ll be the number to which 2 must be raised to make 16. In this case 5 – 1 = 4.
Another example : Let’s take n = 20 and k = 3.
20 in base 3 is (202)3. Since there are two non-zero digit, hence 20 cannot be expressed as power of 3.
This article is contributed by Shubham Rana. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Given a number N in decimal base, find number of its digits in any base (base b)
- Check if a number is in given base or not
- Check whether a number has consecutive 0's in the given base or not
- Check if a number N starts with 1 in b-base
- Check if a given number can be represented in given a no. of digits in any base
- Check if the number is even or odd whose digits and base (radix) is given
- Check if given number is a power of d where d is a power of 2
- Check whether a given Number is Power-Isolated or not
- Given a HUGE number check if it's a power of two.
- Check if a number can be expressed as power | Set 2 (Using Log)
- Check if a number can be expressed as x^y (x raised to power y)
- Check if a number is a power of another number
- C++ program to find all numbers less than n, which are palindromic in base 10 and base 2.
- Removing a number from array without changing its arithmetic mean
- Pandigital number in a given base