Given a number n, check if it is divisible by 8 using bitwise operators.
Input : 16 Output :YES Input :15 Output :NO
Approach: Result = (((n >> 3) << 3) == n). First we shift the 3 bit right then we shift the 3 bit left and then compare the number with the given number if the number is equal to the number then it is the divisible by 8 .
Example: n = 16 given so binary of the 16 is 10000 now we shift the 3 bit right, now we have 00010 so again we shift the 3 bit left, then we have 10000 now compare with the given number first 16==16 in binary so it true so the number is divisible by 8.
- Check if a number is divisible by 17 using bitwise operators
- Check if a number is multiple of 9 using bitwise operators
- Check if n is divisible by power of 2 without using arithmetic operators
- Check if a number is multiple of 5 without using / and % operators
- Check whether bitwise AND of a number with any subset of an array is zero or not
- Check if a number is positive, negative or zero using bit operators
- Bitwise Operators in C/C++
- What are the differences between bitwise and logical AND operators in C/C++?
- Bitwise right shift operators in Java
- Toggle case of a string using Bitwise Operators
- Check if a number is divisible by 23 or not
- Check if a number is divisible by 41 or not
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- Russian Peasant (Multiply two numbers using bitwise operators)
- Check if a large number is divisible by 5 or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.