Given a Binary Tree with distinct nodes. Given two nodes node1 and node2, check if the two nodes lies in the same subtree of the root node. That is, either of the left and right subtrees of the root node.
For Example: In the above binary tree, node 3 and 8 are in the same subtree but 4 and 5 are in different subtree.
Prerequisite: Check if a node exist in Binary Tree.
The idea is similar of searching a node in Binary Tree. There are four different cases:
- If both node1 and node2 are in left subtree of root node.
- If both node1 and node2 are in right subtree of the root node.
- If node1 is in the left subtree of the root node and node2 is in the right subtree of root node.
- If node1 is in the right subtree of the root node and node2 is in the left subtree of root node.
Use the approach of searching a node in Binary Tree and check if any of the first two cases listed above is True. If any of the first two cases listed above is found True then print YES otherwise print NO.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Number of leaf nodes in the subtree of every node of an n-ary tree
- Convert a Binary Tree such that every node stores the sum of all nodes in its right subtree
- Change a Binary Tree so that every node stores sum of all nodes in left subtree
- Sum of nodes on the longest path from root to leaf node
- Check whether the given node is in the path between the nodes U and V
- Subtree of all nodes in a tree using DFS
- Count of nodes having odd divisors in the given subtree for Q queries
- Queries for M-th node in the DFS of subtree
- Find the Kth node in the DFS traversal of a given subtree in a Tree
- Find GCD of each subtree of a given node in an N-ary Tree for Q queries
- Check if the given Binary Tree have a Subtree with equal no of 1's and 0's
- Print nodes at k distance from root
- Count of nodes which are at a distance X from root and leaves
- Print nodes at k distance from root | Iterative
- Remove nodes on root to leaf paths of length < K
- Root to leaf path with maximum distinct nodes
- Print the path common to the two paths from the root to the two given nodes
- Print path from root to all nodes in a Complete Binary Tree
- Find distance of nodes from root in a tree for multiple queries
- Find the path from root to the given nodes of a tree for multiple queries
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.