Given the coordinates of 5 2-dimensional points, check if they form a closed T shape. Print ‘Yes’ if they form T shape and ‘No’ otherwise. Note: Coordinates should be distinct and integers.
There are 4-types of T shaped formations possible according to the given conditions:
Input: [[7, 5], [8, 5], [6, 5], [7, 7], [7, 6]] Output: Yes Input: [[0, 0], [1, 0], [2, 0], [1, -1], [1, -2]] Output: Yes
- Consider the first point in the given list as the centre (x, y) (i.e intersection of the two lines that form T-shape).
- Then check if all the points which are needed to form T-shape of which (x, y) is the centre are present in the list of given points or not.
- Check this for all the 4 possible patterns of T-shape.
Repeat this process from step-1 for all points in the list until a solution is found.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(1)
- Count of obtuse angles in a circle with 'k' equidistant points between 2 given points
- Find the point on X-axis from given N points having least Sum of Distances from all other points
- How to check if given four points form a square
- Number of Integral Points between Two Points
- Prime points (Points that split a number into two primes)
- Minimum number of points to be removed to get remaining points on one side of axis
- Ways to choose three points with distance between the most distant points <= L
- Steps required to visit M points in order on a circular ring of N points
- Check whether two points (x1, y1) and (x2, y2) lie on same side of a given line or not
- Check whether triangle is valid or not if three points are given
- Check if the given point lies inside given N points of a Convex Polygon
- Number of lines from given N points not parallel to X or Y axis
- Find Four points such that they form a square whose sides are parallel to x and y axes
- Check whether it is possible to join two points given on circle such that distance between them is k
- Find whether only two parallel lines contain all coordinates points or not
- Find points at a given distance on a line of given slope
- Convert a given temperature to another system based on given boiling and freezing points
- Count rectangles generated in a given rectangle by lines drawn parallel to X and Y axis from a given set of points
- Program to check if three points are collinear
- Check whether four points make a parallelogram
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.