Given a string str. The string may contain lower-case letters, special characters, digits or even white-spaces. The task is to check, whether only the letters present in the string are forming a Palindromic combination or not without using any extra space.
Note: It is not allowed to use extra space to solve this problem. Also, the letters present in the string are in lower-case and the string may contain special characters, digits or even white-spaces along with lowercase letters.
Input : str = “m a 343 la y a l am”
Output : YES
The characters in the string form the sequence “malayalam”, which is a palindrome.
Input : str = “malayalam”
Output : YES
- Create two utility functions to get the first and last position of characters present in the string.
- Start traversing the string, and keep finding the position of first and last characters everytime.
- If the first and last characters are same for every iteration and the string is traversed completely then print YES otherwise print NO.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- To check a number is palindrome or not without using any extra space
- Length of longest palindrome list in a linked list using O(1) extra space
- Check if characters of a given string can be rearranged to form a palindrome
- Minimum length of the sub-string whose characters can be used to form a palindrome of length K
- Replace all occurrences of string AB with C without using extra space
- Sum of all substrings of a string representing a number | Set 2 (Constant Extra Space)
- Remove duplicates from a string in O(1) extra space
- Rearrange characters to form palindrome if possible
- Longest substring whose characters can be rearranged to form a Palindrome
- Check if a string can be rearranged to form special palindrome
- Reverse individual words with O(1) extra space
- Check if string remains palindrome after removing given number of characters
- Check if characters of one string can be swapped to form other
- Check if characters of a given string can be used to form any N equal strings
- Minimal moves to form a string by adding characters or appending string itself
- Check if a doubly linked list of characters is palindrome or not
- Longest palindrome subsequence with O(n) space
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Find if string is K-Palindrome or not using all characters exactly once
- Find the player who rearranges the characters to get a palindrome string first
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.