Given a number N, the task is to determine if it is possible to make Pascal’s triangle with a complete layer by using total number N integer if possible print Yes otherwise print No.
Note: Pascal’s triangle is a triangular array of the binomial coefficients. Following are the first 6 rows of Pascal’s Triangle.
1 1 1 1 2 1 1 3 3 1 1 4 6 4 1 1 5 10 10 5 1
In Pascal’s Triangle from the topmost layer there is 1 integer, at every next layer from top to bottom size of the layer increased by 1.
Input: N = 10
You can use 1, 2, 3 and 4 integers to make first, second, third, and fourth layer of pascal’s triangle respectively and also N = 10 satisfy by using (1 + 2 + 3 + 4) integers on each layer = 10.
Input: N = 5
You can use 1 and 2 integers to make first and second layer respectively and after that you have only 2 integers left and you can’t make 3rd layer complete as that layer required 3 integers.
Approach: Here we are using integer 1, 2, 3, … on every layer starting from first layer, so we can only make Pascal’s triangle complete if it’s possible to represent N by the sum of 1 + 2 +…
- The sum of first X integers is given by
- We can only make pascal’s triangle by using N integers if and only if where X must be a positive integer. So we have to check is there any positive integer value of x exist or not.
- To determine value of X from second step we can deduced the formula as:
- If the value of X integer for the given value of N then we can make Pascal Triangle. Otherwise, we can’t make Pascal Triangle.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(sqrt(N))
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Count of numbers upto M divisible by given Prime Numbers
- Maximize count of equal numbers in Array of numbers upto N by replacing pairs with their sum
- Count of numbers upto N digits formed using digits 0 to K-1 without any adjacent 0s
- Check if a triangle of positive area is possible with the given angles
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Program to print a Hollow Triangle inside a Triangle
- Program to print tetrahedral numbers upto Nth term
- Program to print pentatope numbers upto Nth term
- Sum of the numbers upto N that are divisible by 2 or 5
- Sum of Fibonacci numbers at even indexes upto N terms
- Count numbers upto N which are both perfect square and perfect cube
- Count numbers < = N whose difference with the count of primes upto them is > = K
- Sum of GCD of all numbers upto N with N itself
- Count of Octal numbers upto N digits
- Count of numbers upto M with GCD equals to K when paired with M
- Count of numbers upto N having absolute difference of at most K between any two adjacent digits
- Sum of largest divisor of numbers upto N not divisible by given prime number P
- Check if Array elements can be maximized upto M by adding all elements from another array
- Find square root of number upto given precision using binary search
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.