Given a string S having N directions in which a person travels. The task is to check if he/she will be able to return to the same place where he/she started. On Day i(1 <= i <= N), he will travel a positive distance in the following direction:
North if the i-th letter of str is N
West if the i-th letter of str is W
South if the i-th letter of str is S
East if the i-th letter of str is E
If he can return back to the place where he starts after nth day, print “YES” else print “NO”.
Input: str = “NNNWEWESSS”
On the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd day he goes to north and on the 4th day he goes west, then eventually
returns where he was standing on the 3rd day on the 5th day, then on the 6th day he again goes to
west.On the 7th day he again return exactly to where he was standing on the 5th day.And on the
10th day he returns home safely.
Input: str = “NW”
Approach: There has to be a same number of N as there are a number of S and also the same number of E as there is W. So, count each type of directions given and just check if they are equal or not.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Distributing M items in a circle of size N starting from K-th position
- Check if two people starting from different points ever meet
- Program to find simple moving average
- Maximum possible intersection by moving centers of line segments
- Time until distance gets equal to X between two objects moving in opposite direction
- Minimum time to return array to its original state after given modifications
- Minimum steps to come back to starting point in a circular tour
- Position of n among the numbers made of 2, 3, 5 & 7
- Insert string at specified position in PHP
- How to position a div at the bottom of its container using CSS?
- Find the value at kth position in the generated array
- Find the position of box which occupies the given ball
- Final cell position in the matrix
- MakeMyTrip Interview Experience | Set 11 (Developer Position)
- Find position of the given number among the numbers made of 4 and 7
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.