Given an Octal number N. The task is to write a program to check if the Decimal representation of the given octal number N is divisible by 7 or not.
Input: N = 112 Output: NO Equivalent Decimal = 74 7410 = 7 * 10 1 + 4 * 100 1128 = 1 * 82 + 1 * 81 + 2 * 80 Input: N = 25 Output: YES Decimal Equivalent = 21
The idea is to note that, 8 % 7 will return 1. Thus, when we expand octal representation and take its modulo 7 all powers of 8 in individual terms will reduce to 1. So, if the sum of all the digits in octal representation is divisible by 7 then, the corresponding decimal number will be divisible by 7.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 10 or not
- Decimal representation of given binary string is divisible by 20 or not
- Check if number is palindrome or not in Octal
- Program for Octal to Decimal Conversion
- Program for Decimal to Octal Conversion
- Decimal to octal conversion with minimum use of arithmetic operators
- Check if binary representation of a number is palindrome
- Check if a number is divisible by 41 or not
- Check if a number is divisible by 23 or not
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- To check whether a large number is divisible by 7
- Check if a large number is divisible by 11 or not
- Check if a larger number divisible by 36
- Check if a large number is divisible by 5 or not
- Check if a large number is divisible by 9 or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.