Given a positive integer N, check if it is Quartan prime or not. Print ‘Yes’ if it is a Quartan prime otherwise Print ‘No’.
Quartan Prime : A prime number of the form x4 + y4 where x > 0, y > 0, and x and y are integers is a Quartan Prime.
Quartan Prime in the range 1 – 100 are:
2, 17, 97
Input : 17 Output : Yes Explanation : 17 is a prime number and can be expressed in the form of: x4 + y4 as ( 14 + 24 ) Input : 31 Output : No Explanation: 31 is prime number but can not be expressed in the form of x4 + y4.
A Simple Solution is to check if the given number is prime or not and then check if it can be expressed in the form of x4 + y4 or not.
An Efficient Solution is based on the fact that every Quartan Prime can also be expressed in the form 16*n + 1. So, we can check if a number is prime or not and can be expressed in the form of 16*n + 1 or not. If yes, Then the number is Quartan Prime otherwise not.
Below is the implementation of the above approach
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check if a number is Prime, Semi-Prime or Composite for very large numbers
- Check if a prime number can be expressed as sum of two Prime Numbers
- Check if a number is divisible by all prime divisors of another number
- Check whether N is a Dihedral Prime Number or not
- Check if a number is Primorial Prime or not
- Check a number for Permutable Prime
- Check whether a number is circular prime or not
- Check if the first and last digit of number N is prime and their sum is less than K
- Check whether a number is Good prime or not
- Check if a number is Full Prime
- Check if N is a Weak Prime number or not
- Check if N is a Balanced Prime number or not
- Check if a number is a Pythagorean Prime or not
- Check whether the given number is Wagstaff prime or not
- C Program to Check Whether a Number is Prime or not
- Check if the number is a Prime power number
- Check if A can be converted to B by reducing with a Prime number
- Check if a number can be written as a sum of 'k' prime numbers
- Check if there exists a number with X factors out of which exactly K are prime
- Check if all Prime factors of number N are unique or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.