Given a string str consisting of only characters ‘a’ and ‘b’, the task is to check whether the string is valid or not. In a valid string, every group of consecutive b must be of length 2 and must appear after 1 or more occurrences of character ‘a’ i.e. “abba” is a valid sub-string but “abbb” and aba are not. Print 1 if the string is valid else print -1.
Input: str = “abbaaabbabba”
Input: str = “abbaaababb”
Approach: Find every occurrence of ‘b’ in the string and check whether it is a part of the sub-string “abb”. If the condition fails for any sub-string then print -1 else print 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Check if a string has m consecutive 1's or 0's
- Check if it is possible to create a matrix such that every row has A 1s and every column has B 1s
- Count occurrences of a sub-string with one variable character
- Length of longest consecutive ones by at most one swap in a Binary String
- Count possible binary strings of length N without P consecutive 0s and Q consecutive 1s
- Print numbers such that no two consecutive numbers are co-prime and every three consecutive numbers are co-prime
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 2 (Regular Expression Approach)
- Check if all substrings of length K of a Binary String has equal count of 0s and 1s
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 1 (General approach)
- Rearrange a binary string as alternate x and y occurrences
- Split a binary string into K subsets minimizing sum of products of occurrences of 0 and 1
- Maximum consecutive one’s (or zeros) in a binary array
- Maximum consecutive one’s (or zeros) in a binary circular array
- Order of teams in a tournament such that every team has won against its consecutive team
- Check if a binary string contains consecutive same or not
- Count occurrences of a string that can be constructed from another given string
- NFA to accept strings that has atleast one character occurring in a multiple of 3
- Occurrences of a pattern in binary representation of a number
- Construct a string that has exactly K subsequences from given string
- Python | Check if there are K consecutive 1's in a binary number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.