Check CBSE result using Selenium in Python
Prerequisite: Selenium Python
In this article, we will scrape the CBSE result from their website and store the result in a CSV file. The CSV file will contain the following information.
- Candidate name
- Pass or fail status
- Marks obtained
- Go to command prompt and put this is in:
pip install selenium
- Once that’s done, download a webdriver for automation. Here, we’ll use chromedriver from http://chromedriver.chromium.org/
- First to go 12th website follow this LINK(this is for CBSE board 12th result 2014 pass-out).
- Then click on investigate element by urgent ctrl + shift + I or stepping into setting of browser and clicking on investigate detail manually.
- Then navigate to the box where the roll number is filled then copy the x_path.
- Then navigate the view submit button then copy the x_path.
- We want to store the result in CSV file then also navigate student name, fail-pass status, marks obtained and then fill up roll number automatically by script go to next page find x_path of student name, fail-pass status, obtain marks.
Given some screenshot to follow this instruction step by step:
Below is the implementation:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course