Communication is one of the most important things for today’s generation. It is the best way to connect with people, to understand people, to pass information, etc. Effective communication is very important for our life. Chat conferencing is a type of Internet communication.
Chatting, as the name suggest i.e. to chat is one of the most effective means of communication. Online chats on the Internet include texting, sharing videos, sharing images, sharing audio files, sharing documents, etc. It is generally is textual communication between two or many peoples. Nowadays, apps like Whatsapp, email, Facebook, hike, etc. provide best features and effective ways for textual conversation.
There are some chat protocols listed below:
1. IRC (Internet Relay Chat) :
- Introduced in 1988
- Text-based conferencing protocol.
- Used for group chatting on Channels also known as chat rooms.
- C2 server or Command and Control server are the IRC servers that contain channels.
- TCP Sockets are used for connecting.
- IRC Operators (IRCops) are used to manage servers.
2. XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) :
- Developed by Jabber open-source community.
- Real time messaging system.
- TCP/IP, HTTP, or WebSocket are used for connecting.
- Some applications can be Gtalk and Whatsapp.
- Features such as publish/subscribe, authentication and its security uses to implement IoT.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Video Conferencing Protocols
- Simple Chat Room using Python
- Creating an Asynchronous Multithreaded chat Application in Java
- Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
- Protocols in Application Layer
- Routing v/s Routed Protocols in Computer Network
- Sliding Window protocols Summary With Questions
- Controlled Access Protocols in Computer Network
- Multiple Access Protocols in Computer Network
- Classes of Routing Protocols
- Securing Routing Protocols
- Collision-Free Protocols in Computer Network
- Types of Virtual Private Network (VPN) and its Protocols
- MANET Routing Protocols
- Network Protocols
- Difference between AMQP and HTTP protocols
- Classification of MAC protocols
- Difference between COAP and MQTT protocols
- Trust Based Energy-Efficient and Secure Routing Protocols for IoT
- Session Layer Messaging Protocols in IoT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.