The java.lang.Character.isTitleCase() in an inbuilt method in java which determines if the specified character is a titlecase character or not. A character is a titlecase character if its general category type, provided by getType(codePoint), is a TITLECASE_LETTER.
Some characters look like pairs of Latin letters. For example, there is an uppercase letter that looks like “LJ” and has a corresponding lowercase letter that looks like “lj”. A third form, which looks like “Lj”, is the appropriate form to use when rendering a word in lowercase with initial capitals, as for a book title.
Given below are some of the Unicode characters for which this method returns true:
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER D WITH SMALL LETTER Z WITH CARON
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER L WITH SMALL LETTER J
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER N WITH SMALL LETTER J
- LATIN CAPITAL LETTER D WITH SMALL LETTER Z
public static boolean isTitleCase(char ch)
Parameter:The function accepts only one mandatory parameter ch which signifies the character to be tested.
Return Value: This method returns true if the character is titlecase else it returns false.
Below program illustrate the isTitleCase() method:
Z is a titlecase character is false unicode ? is a titlecase character is true
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.disjoint() Method in java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.LongPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.DoublePredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.BiPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.builtcount() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.