Hi, chalk studio recently visited my campus. Here is my interview experience.
Round 1: MCQ-31 questions-31 mins
It was a mcq round and test was conducted on facenow.in.
11 questions from web design
And 20 questions from algorithms,data structure ,oops,dbms and os.
The best part was we can view our performance after taking the test.
A correct answer carries 1 mark and wrong answer has a penalty of 0.25 marks.
36 people were shortlisted.
Round 2:Coding – 45 mins
There were 5 questions. Most of them solved only one including me,top 18 who showed output in chronogical order were shortlisted for third round. For a question, a person can show output 3 times maximum.
1. Find remainder when a number is divided by another number without using modulus operator.
2. Print decimal digits of pi upto 100 digits,10 per line
3. A cipher was given. We have to write a code to decrypt the cipher alone( no other inputs).
Forgot other two questions.
Round 3: Design and NP Complete – 1 hr
Design a front end for mobile mcq test site. We can use html, css,photoshop, paint etc to design
A tetris game implementation for 9*10 matrix.
– I don’t know about tetris but the interviewer allowed us to google, unfortunately net connection was down at the time. So based on the example given, I figured a algo. And finally he asked all of us to implement it for a 3*3 matrix.
– The saddest part of this round was first we started with design ques and when interviewer says switch we have to switch to next question. He said switch in interval of 5-7 mins and we switched between questions for every 5-7 mins.
Finally 7 people were shortlisted from this round,and 2 people were hired.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.