CGI Interview Experience (On Campus 2018)
Round 1: It was an aptitude and coding round conducted by AMCAT. There were 5 sections. We had to answer all the questions sequentially. Once a question was answered we couldn’t go back. There was no negative marking.
Part 1 was based on Quantitative ability.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Part 2 was English.
Part 3 contained 2 coding questions :
1. You are given one number N. Draw the pattern which contains N no of rows.
2. Sorting in descending order according to their frequency.
Given array: 4 1 3 5 2 5 3 7 8 9 5 4
Output: 5 5 5 3 3 4 4 1 2 7 8 9
Part 4 was based on Business analytics.
Part 5 contained MCQs, match making on Operating system, Networking, DBMS etc.
92 students were selected for the technical round.
Round 2: It was a technical interview.
The interviewer has gone through my aptitude and coding answers of my first round. At first, he offered me water. After that he told me to tell about my family, education, hobbies. Then he told me to explain my projects. After the explanation he asked my favorite programming language and why it is favorite. He gave me some programming questions and puzzles.
- Remove duplicates from the array in one traversal.
- One puzzle- A says to B, ” I am as old as you were when I was as old as you are.” Sum of A and B’s age is given. How to calculate their age. (I just told him the approach and he was pleased. )
- Name of some sorting algorithm. Difference between Bubble and Insertion Sort.
- Print the highest sum of 2 elements of an array .(I gave him O(n^2) and O(n) approaches.)
There was 1 technical interview for me but for some students there were 2 technical rounds.
27 students were selected for Round 3.
Round 3: It was HR round. Before going for HR interview we made 2 selfie videos and one PPT on any topic related to technology (Machine Learning, Block chain, Augmented reality etc.)
HR asked me to tell about myself and asked my hobbies. Then he asked me ‘Why CGI?’, what do you CGI. If you get the job in CGI how would like to see yourself in next 5 years. How will you explain respect? He asked me about movies and asked me if I have any question about CGI .
Total 25 students were selected and the total process took 2 days.