We are given a number n, we need to find n-th centered octahedral number.
Description: A centered octahedral number is a figurate number. It counts the number of points of a three-dimensional integer lattice that lie inside an octahedron centered at the origin. The same numbers are special cases of the Delannoy numbers, which count certain two-dimensional lattice paths.
The First Few Centered octahedral numbers (where n = 0, 1, 2, 3…….) are :
1, 7, 25, 63, 129, 231, 377, 575, 833, 1159………………………….
Mathematics formula for nth Centered octahedral number:
Input : n = 6 Output : 377 Input : n = 15 Output : 4991
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Octahedral Number
- Centered cube number
- Centered Dodecagonal Number
- Centered hexagonal number
- Program for centered nonagonal number
- Centered Octadecagonal Number
- Centered triangular number
- Centered tetrahedral number
- Centered heptagonal number
- Program for Centered Icosahedral Number
- Centered Square Number
- Centered pentagonal number
- Centered Octagonal Number
- Centered decagonal number
- Centered nonadecagonal number
- Centered Pentadecagonal Number
- Centered dodecahedral number
- Centered Hexadecagonal Number
- Centered tridecagonal number
- Program to check if N is a Centered nonadecagonal number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t