We are given a number n, we need to find n-th centered octahedral number.
Description: A centered octahedral number is a figurate number. It counts the number of points of a three-dimensional integer lattice that lie inside an octahedron centered at the origin. The same numbers are special cases of the Delannoy numbers, which count certain two-dimensional lattice paths.
The First Few Centered octahedral numbers (where n = 0, 1, 2, 3…….) are :
1, 7, 25, 63, 129, 231, 377, 575, 833, 1159………………………….
Mathematics formula for nth Centered octahedral number:
Input : n = 6 Output : 377 Input : n = 15 Output : 4991
- Octahedral Number
- Centered Hexadecagonal Number
- Centered Octadecagonal Number
- Centered pentagonal number
- Centered Pentadecagonal Number
- Centered dodecahedral number
- Centered tridecagonal number
- Centered triangular number
- Centered Dodecagonal Number
- Centered Octagonal Number
- Centered tetrahedral number
- Centered decagonal number
- Centered nonadecagonal number
- Centered hexagonal number
- Centered heptagonal number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t