We are given a number n, we need to find n-th centered octahedral number.
Description: A centered octahedral number is a figurate number. It counts the number of points of a three-dimensional integer lattice that lie inside an octahedron centered at the origin. The same numbers are special cases of the Delannoy numbers, which count certain two-dimensional lattice paths.
The First Few Centered octahedral numbers (where n = 0, 1, 2, 3…….) are :
1, 7, 25, 63, 129, 231, 377, 575, 833, 1159………………………….
Mathematics formula for nth Centered octahedral number:
Input : n = 6 Output : 377 Input : n = 15 Output : 4991
- Octahedral Number
- Centered Octadecagonal Number
- Centered decagonal number
- Centered triangular number
- Centered Octagonal Number
- Centered nonadecagonal number
- Centered Square Number
- Centered tetrahedral number
- Centered heptagonal number
- Centered pentagonal number
- Centered Dodecagonal Number
- Centered cube number
- Centered hexagonal number
- Centered tridecagonal number
- Centered dodecahedral number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t