The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of the most respected and esteemed educational boards in India. CBSE board strives to offer a comprehensive and healthy education to all its students so that they can have enough room to grow intellectually and physically. The CBSE board is renowned for its extensive syllabus and well-structured test pattern. There are near about 20,102 schools under the CBSE board that follows the NCERT curriculum.
You can check out the CBSE website here- www.cbse.gov.in
The academic session 2023-24 has started. Here we have listed some important points related to the CBSE Board exams.
- CBSE class 12 board exams were conducted from 15th Feb 2023 to 5 April 2023 and class 10th board exams were conducted from 15th Feb 2023 to 21 March 2023.
- The results of the 2022-23 batch for class 12 and class 10 are expected by the last week of April.
- The new education policy 2020 has been announced, which brought several significant adjustments to the Indian educational system are brought about by the newly announced policy 2020. The 10+2 framework of the educational system has been replaced by 5+3+3+4 structure as part of an important change.
- Students are highly advised to focus on self-learning and exploring new things by themselves.
CBSE Board Class 10 and Class 12 Exams
CBSE Board Class 10 is a very crucial learning stage for students. This is the first time when students appear for their board examinations. So, class 10 students have to work hard throughout the year. The concepts that they will learn at this stage will help them solve the problems in their problems of daily life. After clearing class 10, students have to choose the stream of their choice among science, commerce, and arts. The stream that they opt according to that they pursue their studies in class 11 and class 12. CBSE class 12 is the last stage of schooling and thus becomes more crucial. Based on the marks scored in class 12, students get admission to their respective colleges.
CBSE Exam Pattern
Students studying in the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) are evaluated in two areas:
- Scholastic: In this students emphasize fundamental academic areas. They are taught all the core subjects like social sciences, science, maths, and language subjects.
- Co-scholastic: This category comprises of extra curriculum activities such as games, sports, art, music, etc which play a very important role in the development of a student.
The academic year of Scholastic areas is divided into two terms – Term 1 and Term 2 and two types of tests which are Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment.
- Formative Assessment: These are in the form of oral tests, dictation, homework, class test, projects, quiz, memory tests, etc.
- Summative Assessment: Here students are tested internally. This kind of assessment is held twice a year in a written mode by the school at the end of each term.
CBSE Board Grading System for Primary Classes
|90% to 100%
|75% to 89%
|56% to 74%
|35% to 55%
||Scope for Improvement
CBSE Secondary School Grading System
||20 and below
Here we have provided the CBSE Board study resources for students’ preparation. You can directly access it by clicking on the links below.
CBSE Board Previous Year Paper 2022
CBSE Board Exam Syllabus
RD Sharma Solutions
CBSE Notes for Class 8
CBSE Notes for Class 9
CBSE Notes for Class 10
CBSE Notes for Class 11
CBSE Notes for Class 12
FAQs on CBSE
Q1. What is the full form of CBSE?
CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Examination. CBSE is a national-level board school in India.
Q2. What is the passing criteria in CBSE?
Students have to at least get 33%(in practical as well as theory) in five subjects to be declared as a pass.
Q3. Is a calculator allowed in CBSE exams?
No, the use of a calculator is prohibited in CBSE examinations.
Q4. Does CBSE permit Merit Certificate in Class 12?
Yes, CBSE permits merit certificates to the top 0.1% scorers of each subject, provided that they have passed the examination as per the pass criteria.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!