In a desert there are some camels and some travelers. How many camels and travelers are there if both the following statements are TRUE?
- If each traveler sit on the camel, one traveler doesn’t get a camel.
- If two traveler share each camel there is one camel left out.
As we saw in statement 1, there is a condition that one traveler doesn’t get a camel state that camels is one less than the travelers.
And in statement 2 there is a condition that two travelers share each camel state that traveler must be an even number. So the following cases occur:
1. States that the number of camels is equivalent to the number of travelers minus one.
camels = travellers - 1 ------(1)
2. States that the number of camels is going to be equal to half the traveller(because two are on each camel)plus one leftover.
(travellers/2)+1 = camels -----(2)
If we solve above two equations we get the result.
This article is contributed by RAHUL SHUKLA. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 17 | (Ratio of Boys and Girls in a Country where people want only boys)