Caller ID Lookup using Python
In this article, we are going to see how we get Caller Id information using numverify API. Numverify offers a powerful tool to deliver phone number validation and information lookup in portable JSON format by Just making a request using a simple URL.
For the following program to work you must have an API key and to get one simply Click here.
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install, type the following command in your terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Request allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not come built-in with Python. To install, type the following command in your terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Make a function for GET request
- Pass the URL with existing API key, mobile number, and country code
- Now retrieve the caller id information
“country_name”:”India (Republic of)”,
“carrier”:”Aircel Cellular Ltd”,
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course