Wind-chill or Windchill is the perceived decrease in air temperature felt by the body on exposed skin due to the flow of air. The effect of wind chill is to increase the rate of heat loss and reduce any warmer objects to the ambient temperature more quickly.
Here is the standard formula that was adopted in 2001 by Canada, UK, and the US to compute and analyze the Wind Chill Index:
Twc(WCI) = 13.12 + 0.6215Ta – 11.37v+0.16 + 0.3965Tav+0.16
Twc = Wind Chill Index (Based on Celsius temperature scale)
Ta = Air Temperature (in degree Celsius)
v = Wind Speed (in miles per hour)
Input: Air Temperature = 28 Wind Speed = 80 Output: 30 Calculation done using the above formula: WCI = 13.12 + 0.6215 * (28) - 11.37 * (80)**0.16 + 0.3965 * 28 * 80**0.16
Input: Air Temperature = 42 Wind Speed = 150 Output: 51 Calculation done using the above formula: WCI = 13.12 + 0.6215 * (42) - 11.37 * (150)**0.16 + 0.3965 * 42 * 150**0.16
The Wind Chill Index is 51
This article is contributed by Chinmoy Lenka. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- How to make Wind Rose and Polar Bar Charts in Plotly - Python?
- Calculating Areas Of Different Shapes Using Python
- Calculating the completeness score using sklearn in Python
- Calculating the sum of all columns of a 2D NumPy array
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers