Given two integer H and R where H is the time in hours at a place X and R is the distance in degrees from place X to India, the task is to find the current time in IST.
UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is a 24-hour time standard that is used to synchronize world clocks.
Input: H = 24, R = 82.50
Output: IST = 5:30
IST = (24/360)* 82.50
= 0.5*60 (i.e 60 minute = 360 degree rotation and 1 minute = 6 degree so, 0.5 hour * 60 = 30)
IST = 5:30
Input: H = 20, R = 150
Output: IST = 8:20
- It is known that 1 hour = 60 minute = 360 degree rotation.
- 1 degree rotation = (1 / 360) hour.
- 2 degree rotation = (1 / 360) * 2 hour.
- So, Generalised formula will be:
IST = UTC + (H / 360) * R (UTC = 0 for IST) IST = ( H / 360 ) * R
The answer will be converted in 0:00 form so int part (hour) and float part in IST are separated and the float part is multiplied by 60 to convert it into minutes.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Write a program to calculate pow(x,n)
- Space and time efficient Binomial Coefficient
- Efficient program to calculate e^x
- Calculate the angle between hour hand and minute hand
- To Generate a One Time Password or Unique Identification URL
- MakeMyTrip Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus for Full Time)
- Sieve of Eratosthenes in 0(n) time complexity
- Find the largest multiple of 3 from array of digits | Set 2 (In O(n) time and O(1) space)
- C program to calculate the value of nPr
- Set in C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- Fast method to calculate inverse square root of a floating point number in IEEE 754 format
- Mathematics | Mean, Variance and Standard Deviation
- Find Index of given fibonacci number in constant time
- Program to calculate the value of sin(x) and cos(x) using Expansion
- Program to calculate the number of odd days in given number of years
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 28 (On-Campus for Full Time)
- Find the number of spectators standing in the stadium at time t
- Calculate the Discriminant Value
- Given N and Standard Deviation, find N elements
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.