Let us see how to find the frequency counts of each unique value of a Pandas series. We will use the value_counts() function to perform this task.
Example 1 :
Example 2 :
Example 3 :
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Getting frequency counts of a columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Pandas Series.mad() to calculate Mean Absolute Deviation of a Series
- Calculate the number of characters in each word in a Pandas series
- Add a Pandas series to another Pandas series
- Maximum length prefix such that frequency of each character is atmost number of characters with minimum frequency
- Python | Pandas Series.unique()
- Python | Assign ids to each unique value in a list
- Python | Pandas series.cumprod() to find Cumulative product of a Series
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
- Python | Pandas Series.astype() to convert Data type of series
- Python | Pandas Series.cumsum() to find cumulative sum of a Series
- Python | Pandas series.cummax() to find Cumulative maximum of a series
- Python | Pandas Series.cummin() to find cumulative minimum of a series
- Python | Pandas Series.nonzero() to get Index of all non zero values in a series
- Convert a series of date strings to a time series in Pandas Dataframe
- Convert Series of lists to one Series in Pandas
- Converting Series of lists to one Series in Pandas
- Pandas - Get the elements of series that are not present in other series
- Python IMDbPY – Get each episode name of each season of the series
- Python IMDbPY – Getting each episode year of each season of the series
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.