When an object moves in a straight line at a steady speed, we can calculate its speed if we know how far it travels and how long it takes. This equation shows the relationship between speed, distance traveled and time taken:
Speed is distance divided by the time taken.
For example, a car travels 30 kilometers in 2 hours.
Its speed is 30 ÷ 2 = 15km/hr.
Formula used :
Distance = Speed * Time Time = Distance / Speed Speed = Distance / Time
Input : distance(km) : 48.5 time(hr) : 2.6 Output : Speed(km / hr) : 18.653846153 Input : speed(km / hr) : 46.0 time(hr) : 3.2 Output : Distance(km) : 147.2 Input : distance(km) : 48.5 speed(km / hr) : 46.0 Output : Time(hr) : 1.0543
Distance(km) : 45.9 Time(hr) : 2 The calculated Speed(km / hr) is : 22.95 Time(hr) : 2.5 Speed(km / hr) : 62.9 The calculated Distance(km) : 157.25 Distance(km) : 48 Speed(km / hr) : 4.5 The calculated Time(hr) : 216
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find speed of man from speed of stream and ratio of time with up and down streams
- Speed of boat in still water from speed of stream and times taken
- Program to find the Speed of train as per speed of sound
- Time difference between expected time and given time
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Program to calculate distance between two points
- Program to calculate distance between two points in 3 D
- Calculate the Square of Euclidean Distance Traveled based on given conditions
- Program to convert speed in km/hr to m/sec and vice versa
- Speed of boat upstream and downstream
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Find minimum speed to finish all Jobs
- Number of hours after which the second person moves ahead of the first person if they travel at a given speed
- Distance traveled by Hour and Minute hand in given Time interval
- Distance between end points of Hour and minute hand at given time
- Calculate the IST : Indian Standard Time
- Time until distance gets equal to X between two objects moving in opposite direction
- Minimum time to reach a point with +t and -t moves at time t
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- Changing One Clock Time to Other Time in Minimum Number of Operations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Mithun Kumar