C++ program for printing the range data type like int, char, short.
Signed Data Types
METHOD 1.) calculate total number of bits by multiplying sizeof with 8 (say n) 2.) Calculate -2^(n-1) for minimum range 3.) Calculate (2^(n-1))-1 for maximum range
signed char: -128 to 127 signed int: -2147483648 to 2147483647 signed short int: -32768 to 32767
Unsigned Data Types
METHOD 1.)Find number of bits by multiplying result of sizeof with 8 say n 2.)minimum range is always zero for unsigned data type 3.)for maximum range calculate 2^n-1
unsigned char: 0 to 255 unsigned int: 0 to 4294967295 unsigned short int: 0 to 65535
- <algorithms> library in C++ STL
- StringStream in C++ for Decimal to Hexadecimal and back
- snprintf() in C library
- Initialize a vector in C++ (5 different ways)
- C++ Data Types
- <bits/stdc++.h> in C++
- Data Type Ranges and their macros in C++
- How to implement Min Heap using STL?
- Map in C++ Standard Template Library (STL)
- Basic Concepts of Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Overloading stream insertion (<>) operators in C++
- GDB (Step by Step Introduction)
- multimap rbegin in C++ STL
- multimap rend in C++ STL
- Program for n-th even number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.