Given a string of numbers, the task is to find the maximum value from the string, you can add a ‘+’ or ‘*’ sign between any two numbers.
Input : 01231 Output : ((((0 + 1) + 2) * 3) + 1) = 10 In above manner, we get the maximum value i.e. 10 Input : 891 Output :73 As 8*9*1 = 72 and 8*9+1 = 73.So, 73 is maximum.
Asked in : Facebook
The task is pretty simple as we can get the maximum value on multiplying all values but the point is to handle the case of 0 and 1 i.e. On multiplying with 0 and 1 we get the lower value as compared to on adding with 0 and 1.
So, use ‘*’ sign between any two numbers(except numbers containing 0 and 1) and use ‘+’ if any of the number is 0 and 1.
Above program consider the case of small inputs i.e. up to which C/C++ can handle the range of maximum value.
This article is contributed by Sahil Chhabra. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Smallest string without any multiplication sign that represents the product of two given numbers
- Calculate sum of all numbers present in a string
- Convert Hexadecimal value String to ASCII value String
- Calculate score for the given binary string
- Calculate Sum of ratio of special characters to length of substrings of the given string
- Calculate the frequency of each word in the given string
- Maximum number of characters between any two same character in a string
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 1 (General approach)
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Arrange a binary string to get maximum value within a range of indices
- Maximum and minimum sums from two numbers with digit replacements
- Add two numbers represented by two arrays
- Calculate the difficulty of a sentence
- Calculate weight of parenthesis based on the given conditions
- Find the maximum path sum between two leaves of a binary tree
- Maximum distinct lowercase alphabets between two uppercase
- Sum of minimum and the maximum difference between two given Strings
- Create a new string by alternately combining the characters of two halves of the string in reverse
- Find Kth largest string from the permutations of the string with two characters