This problem is know as Clock angle problem where we need to find angle between hands of an analog clock at a given time.
Input: h = 12:00, m = 30.00 Output: 165 degree Input: h = 3.00, m = 30.00 Output: 75 degree
The idea is to take 12:00 (h = 12, m = 0) as a reference. Following are detailed steps.
1) Calculate the angle made by hour hand with respect to 12:00 in h hours and m minutes.
2) Calculate the angle made by minute hand with respect to 12:00 in h hours and m minutes.
3) The difference between two angles is the angle between two hands.
How to calculate the two angles with respect to 12:00?
The minute hand moves 360 degree in 60 minute(or 6 degree in one minute) and hour hand moves 360 degree in 12 hours(or 0.5 degree in 1 minute). In h hours and m minutes, the minute hand would move (h*60 + m)*6 and hour hand would move (h*60 + m)*0.5.
Exercise: Find all times when hour and minute hands get superimposed.
This article is contributed by Ashish Bansal. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Time when minute hand and hour hand coincide
- Angle between two Planes in 3D
- Find if it's possible to rotate the page by an angle or not.
- Find other two sides of a right angle triangle
- Check if it is possible to create a polygon with a given angle
- Find other two sides and angles of a right angle triangle
- Area of a largest square fit in a right angle triangle
- Program to find the Interior and Exterior Angle of a Regular Polygon
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- C program to calculate the value of nPr
- Program to calculate value of nCr
- Calculate the Discriminant Value
- Program to calculate the value of sin(x) and cos(x)
- Calculate nCr using Pascal's Triangle
- Program to calculate the value of nCr Efficiently