CakePHP is an open-source framework for PHP based on a Model–View–Controller (MVC)-like architecture and modeled after the concepts of Ruby on Rails, which is powerful as well as easy to learn. It’s a foundational structure for programmers to create web applications. Models, Views, and Controllers are used for the separation of business logic from data and presentation layers.
- PHP installation on windows
- Environment Setup To Run the Project
- Composer Software to install CakePHP
- Go to your directory where XAMPP is installed and open htdocs folder. (In my case it is C:\xampp\htdocs).
- Open command prompt and navigate to current working directory as your current directory.
- Enter the command.
mkdir project_name && cd project_name
This command will create a project folder with project_name and set the present working directory to it.
- Now enter the command.
composer create-project --prefer-dist cakephp/app:4.* app_name
(Here 4.* refers to version number)
This will install the CakePHP framework in the current directory.
- Open xampp control panel and run the apache server.
- Now open a web browser and go to url -> http://localhost:80/project_name/app_name/
As you can see our first app is running on the server successfully.
You have successfully installed CakePHP and have created your first app with that.