CakePHP is an open-source framework for PHP based on a Model–View–Controller (MVC)-like architecture and modeled after the concepts of Ruby on Rails, which is powerful as well as easy to learn. It’s a foundational structure for programmers to create web applications. Models, Views, and Controllers are used for the separation of business logic from data and presentation layers.
- PHP installation on windows
- Environment Setup To Run the Project
- Composer Software to install CakePHP
- Go to your directory where XAMPP is installed and open htdocs folder. (In my case it is C:\xampp\htdocs).
- Open command prompt and navigate to current working directory as your current directory.
- Enter the command.
mkdir project_name && cd project_name
This command will create a project folder with project_name and set the present working directory to it.
- Now enter the command.
composer create-project --prefer-dist cakephp/app:4.* app_name
(Here 4.* refers to version number)
This will install the CakePHP framework in the current directory.
- Open xampp control panel and run the apache server.
- Now open a web browser and go to url -> http://localhost:80/project_name/app_name/
As you can see our first app is running on the server successfully.
You have successfully installed CakePHP and have created your first app with that.
- Slim Framework | Installation and Configuration
- Installation and Configuration Symfony Framework
- Laravel | Installation and Configuration
- PHP | php.ini File Configuration
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
- Spring MVC using Java based configuration
- Introduction and Installation of Git
- Angular 7 | Installation
- XQuery | Installation and Example
- Vue.js | Introduction & Installation
- How to store deployment configuration files in Node.js ?
- Materialize | Introduction and Installation
- Installation of Node.js on Linux
- Svelte | Introduction and Installation
- Installation of Node.js on Windows
- p5.js | SoundFile Object Installation and Methods
- Introduction and Installation process of Gulp
- Material UI Introduction and Installation for React
- How to choose between CMS or Framework according to the need?
- LAMP installation and important PHP configurations on Ubuntu
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.