C# Program to Read a String and Find the Sum of all Digits
Given a string, our task is to first read this string from the user then find the sum of all the digits present in the given string.
Input : abc23d4 Output: 9 Input : 2a3hd5j Output: 10
To reada String and find the sum of all digits present in the string follow the following steps:
- First of all we read the string from the user using Console.ReadLine() method.
- Initialize a integer sum with value 0.
- Now iterate the string till the end.
- If the character value is greater than or equal to ‘0’ and less than or equal to ‘9’ (i.e. ascii value between 48 to 57) then perform character – ‘0’ (this gives value of character) and add the value to the sum.
- Now the sum contains the value of sum of all the digits in the strings.
Enter a string abc23d4 Sum = 9
Enter a string 2a3hd5j Sum = 10
Explanation: In the above example, first we read the string and we will iterate each character and check if the character is an integer or not by comparing the ASCII value of the character. If the character is an integer then add the value to the sum. At the end of the iteration, the sum variable will have the total sum of digits in the string.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...