GetHashCode() method is used to get the hash code of the specified string. When you apply this method to the string this method will return a 32-bit signed integer hash code of the given string.
public override int GetHashCode ();
Return Value: The return type of this method is System.Int32. This method return a 32-bit signed integer hash code.
Below given are some examples to understand the implementation in a better way:
Display strings string 1: abc and hashcode: 1099313834 string 2: geeks and hashcode: -1893508949 string 3: gfg and hashcode: -870054572
String : Hello and HashCode: -327378614 String : GFG and HashCode: 1999992308 String : Geeks and HashCode: -1893476149 String : Geeksforgeeks and HashCode: -2133923457 String : C# and HashCode: -1917577788 String : Tutorial and HashCode: 1463624248
- C# | How to get the HashCode of the tuple?
- How to get the hashcode for enum in C#?
- C# | How to get TypeCode for the class String
- How to Get the String that Represents ValueTuple Instance in C#?
- File.Replace(String, String, String) Method in C# with Examples
- File.Replace(String, String, String, Boolean) Method in C# with Examples
- C# | How to get a subset in a SortedSet
- C# | Get the maximum value in the SortedSet
- C# | How to get the Remaining Elements of the Tuple?
- C# | Get the minimum value in the SortedSet
- C# | Get the number of elements actually contained in the ArrayList
- C# | Get the number of strings in StringCollection
- C# | Get or Set at specified index in StringCollection
- C# | Get the number of elements contained in the Stack
- C# | Get object at the top of the Stack - Peek operation
- C# | Get the number of elements contained in the Queue
- C# | Get the object at the beginning of the Queue - Peek Operation
- C# | Get or Set the value associated with specified key in Hashtable
- C# | Get the number of elements in the SortedSet
- C# | Get or set the number of elements that the ArrayList can contain
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : mayank5326