StringDictionary.Add(String, String) method is used to add an entry with the specified key and value into the StringDictionary.
public virtual void Add (string key, string value);
- key: It is the key of the entry which is to be added.
- value: It is the value of the entry which is to be added. The value can be null.
- ArgumentNullException : If the key is null.
- ArgumentException : It is an entry with the same key already exists in the StringDictionary.
- NotSupportedException : If the StringDictionary is read-only.
Below programs illustrate the use of StringDictionary.Add(String, String) method:
d Dog b Banana c Cat e Elephant a Apple
System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: ‘c’ Key being added: ‘c’
- The key is handled in a case-insensitive manner i.e, it is translated to lowercase before it is added to the string dictionary.
- This method is an O(1) operation.